Script
Jingle: 0:00 - 0:03
Intro: 0:04 - 1:11
"Hello! If you've just tuned in this is the Andrew Hallam show on BBC Radio Suffolk on this cold and blustery Saturday! If you've been with us throughout the day, well, we've got lots in store for you not just in the next few hours but all through the day. All across Suffolk, christmas lights are switching on in towns all over the place, setting you up for a bit of christmas spirit in the run up to the big day. Got your christmas shopping done already? Let us hear about your plans for getting those stocking fillers this year, later on in the show. This week theres been all sorts going on in Tv land, not such a great week for strictly come dancing this week, pictures in the papers this of ali bastian on crutches, and ricki widdle in alligations over his hit and run on a photographer, we'll have a little natter about that later on as well as X Factor, has it lost its shine? Has it been fixed from the start? Is it more about entaintainment than an actual singing contest? You'll get your say on that in just a few minutes. In the mean time get your pen and paper out because heres the number you can call us in on...
Number, text and email jingle: 1:12 - 1:24
Song introduction: 1:25 - 1:30
Smashing! But first we've got a little bit of Stereophonics to start off the show and your Saturday with 'Have a Nice Day'..."
Have a Nice Day By Stereophonics: 1:31 - 4:43
Speech: 4:44 - 5:25
"Well its *say time* this morning on Radio Suffolk Andrew Hallam here with you till lunch time which for you guys is 12 today. We've got Jerry taking your calls all through the show, keep them comming in on 01473-666-888, its the number to call to get in on some of the action today. Doing something special this weekend? Going out with the family or just staying in for a chilled weekend? Give us a call and let us know and who knows, you might even be lucky enough to get through live on the show to talk about your views on the X factor this year or to share with us your plans for christmas. Hey, how about something to get you in the mood?"
Fairy Tale of New York By The Pogues: 5:26 - 9:48
Speech: 9:49 - 10:32
"That was Fairy Tale of New York by The Pogues, one of my favorite christmas songs but also Jakie's favorite too according to the texts "Hey Andrew, great song that I've not heard in ages. Thanks for playing!" and Bob from Bury texts in saying "Great song, always gets me in the christmas mood, can you play Ocean Drive by Lighthouse Family please?" Well Bob we'll get that on for you in a while but first we're going to turn to the phones now to see what you guys are doing for your christmas shopping and what you think about X factor this year."
Phone in *Unscripted*: 10:33 - 13:29
Speech: 13:30 - 13:40
Interesting stuff. Well Right now its *say time* and you're listening to BBC Radio Suffolk. Now we'll get right on to playing Ocean Drive by Lighthouse Family for *say requesters name*... *10 seconds*
Ocean Drive By The Lighthouse Family: 13:41 - 15:00
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.
Evaluation
I enjoyed this radio show. I found it hard at first to think of what to say, due to me being on my own on the show but after researching a few Radio Suffolk presenters and their style of presenting I was able to easily adapt my own which I could use to hopefully create an authentic Radio Suffolk style show. I found the actual recording of the show quite challenging, not only because of the software but because of having to record myself on my own too. I have found that I work better in a group environment, but this may change if I choose to be a solo presenter and gain more experiance in the field if I take on any out of college radio work. If I was to do this demo again I would of probably scripted it less, as by scripting it fully it didn't flow as well as it could have and it sounded quite obviously like I was reading from a script rather than talking naturally.

No comments:
Post a Comment